September 06 2019
Meet the Teacher night
It was great to see so many parents and friends at the Meet The Teachers evening. A good turnout of people managed to see all the teachers from Early Learning through to Grade 8. The night concluded with an introduction from the new principal, Michael Taylor. We are looking forward to many more community events.
KIS PTA Nominations 2019/20
Dear KIS Community,
Part of the process in forming a PTA is to create a constitution and elect an executive committee.
This committee will be made up of:
- Teacher representative
- EL parent representative
- PYP parent representative
- MS parent representative
If you are interested in nominating yourself for the committee please me email me (email@example.com) directly.
Starting Monday 16 September only the East Gate (Yoshiyamachi dori) will be open. KIS is always mindful of safety and community welfare. This will enable us to provide safer and more controlled entry and exit onto the school campus. Please bear with us in this transition period. See you at the EAST gate!
Year Book Deliveries:
Dear KIS community,
If you still want to order your copy please fill out this form. There is a limited amount, so please place your order as soon as possible!
A reminder of the procedure for the community, if the school will be closed, due to severe weather conditions.
- School may be closed in the case of inclement weather or other situations which may endanger our students and staff.
- We use the Warning & Advisory System and the Emergency Warning System issued by the Japanese Meteorological Agency to decide if the school needs to be cancelled for the day.
- School closure decisions are made by 7:00am and shared with the school community via the email and twitter (@KyotoIntlSchool). Anyone who usually leaves home before 7:00am are advised to use their own discretion.
- In the event that school must close while students are at school, students are kept at school until a parent is able to pick them up or give alternative instructions.
- In the case of a major emergency, we ask parents not to phone the school as this will only congest the lines and prevent us from contacting emergency services or others we need to make contact with urgently.
- Days will not be made up for such closures.
Tuesday, September 10, 17, 24: G2-5 Swimming
Friday, September 13: G5 visiting the Philosopher’s Path
Monday, September 16: School Closed
Monday, September 23: School Closed
Tuesday 24 September- Friday 27 September: MS Hakuba trip